Looks like the judge on the Vision Systems case, Robert W. Pratt, is getting a bit wobbly, as fellow Insurgent TooTruthy reports:

"In his ruling on Vision Systems, Inc. at least the paper files were not suppressed. But how far will the Feds get in their prosecution without the digital goods to present as evidence? The case against Vision Systems, Inc. has been described as “the largest H-1B fraud case ever brought forward”, a visa fraud case that the then Bush appointee U.S. DOJ Southern District of Iowa Attorney Matthew G. Whitaker described as "just the tip of the iceberg" (who is now gone and replaced with Obama appointee Nicholas A. Klinefeldt who was also sworn in by Chief United States District Court Judge Robert W. Pratt). Kleinfeldt has a truly impressive legal rise, despite his father's prison sentence for a meth-related conviction as this article chronicles him clerking for Judge Robert W. Pratt from 2000 to 2002 along with his “strong ties” to Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, having worked for his 1996 reelection campaign and on his Senate staff before attending law school at the University of Iowa. Nothing new there – an ambitious law school bound student staffs for an Iowa Senator and then goes on to clerk for an Iowa judge who later swears him in for his new gig as and Obama appointed U.S. DOJ Attorney. So, what happens to Whitaker's take on this visa fraud case being “the tip of the iceberg”? Stay tuned.

Thibodeau also observed that Judge Pratt's ruling about the outcome of this case is “uncertain”.

Let's hope that during this neo-frat boy corporate state's War on America's Middle Class, the same inspiration that drives decision makers like Judge Pratt in his Judges Against the Drug War will guide future judges to rule fairly and squarely when it comes to protecting American jobs from being given away to imported, cheap workers under the ruse of a Great American Labor Shortage. As Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley said in eWeek:

"We're closing loopholes that employers have exploited by requiring them to be more transparent about their hiring, and we're ensuring more oversight of these visa programs to reduce fraud and abuse. A little sunshine will go a long way to help the American worker."

And yeah, yeah loopholes ain't good, yeah yeah visa fraud is bad, yeah yeah yeah yeah..."

It is actually my opionion that this judge took a fat bribe from Vision to water this prosecution down.  But that is just my opinion, and legally protected speech.  Just to let you slumdogs know.

No need to take a screenshot of my blog post and send it to judge Pratt, with big read Sharpie anotations, like you jackals did with my more controversial posts in the past.

Feel free to stop by often and I will educate you GUEST workers about the finer points of this country's First Amendment.

Now go back to your tandoori, maderchods.

United States 2Truthy
April 1. 2010 18:27
2Truthy

Based upon Thibodeau's account in his Computerworld article,  it was the law enforcement side that failed to process potentially admissible evidence in an accurate and timely manner which led to the judge's  dismissal of some (not all) of it.  Based upon this account, the judge appears to have ruled fairly. In fact, from everything I have read about this judge, I  seriously doubt he was “paid off” as he appears to be most impressively on the up and up with many important issues such as drug offense incarceration and religious indoctrination of Iowa's prison population.

www.truthdig.com/.../

It is my personal belief that this country wastes too much time and money on incarcerating people for drug offenses when rehabilitation is what is needed instead. (And don't even get me started about my views on the separation of Church & State.) So sure, I'd have a beer with Judge Pratt.

As for this particular case, as Thibodeau wrote, the outcome is “uncertain” but let's hope that Durbin-Grassley and the Neufeld memo will discourage visa abuses and above all, that more American professionals will be reincorporated into the workplace. If other countries can invoke worker job protections, why can't we? God knows, we have enough unemployed and underemployed professionals who desperately need to work. -t.t.

April 1. 2010 22:50
tunnel rat

Yes, I agree, too many people are locked up for benign drug offenses.

And it was good to read that the Feds were kind enough to image the Vision System's hards drives instead of confiscating all their computers.  Let's hope they show me the same curtesy if the serve a warrant on my property, so my wife's and daughter's computers don't get taken while they search for evidence of emails where I allegedly threaten to kill "niggers".  If they had any sense, they would read my blog posts and see that the only use of the word "nigger" was when I was quoting Vivek Wadhwa, who uses the term freely to further his pro-outsourcing agenda.

But I agree TT. Let's hope Pratt has the same sympathy towards the exploited H-1Bs and American techies that were the victims of Vision as he does towards potheads.

April 2. 2010 15:37
TaxiDriver

It might be a good idea if you don't approve this comment.  Might give people ideas that they might not otherwise have.

Just FYI, an opinion is somethig that can not be proved true or false, like the existence of parallel dimensions or God.  Since taking a bribe is capable of being proved true or false, the accusation wouldn't be protected opinion, even if you state that it's just your opinion.  It's really a statement of fact.  I had to learn all this stuff when I was defending myself against a libel suit.

TD

April 2. 2010 21:28
tunnel rat

TaxiDriver:  I welcome a lawsuit filed by Judge Pratt.  The discovery process would be interesting.

United States Rodney
April 3. 2010 15:05
Rodney

@ Taxi Driver
"Since taking a bribe is capable of being proved true or false..."
I think we know what you mean.

This may be nit picky, but it is impossible to prove a negative.  Meaning - you cannot "prove" something did not happen.
If you learned something different in your libel suit, correct me.

April 3. 2010 23:08
tunnel rat

TD:  My point is to draw people into actions that challenge First Amendement issues.  I doubt that Judge Pratt cares about the merits of libel, and is smart enough to ignore me.

Apex, on the other hand, was stupid enough to sue me.