SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.  An Indian is pissed off about H-1Bs.  From Craigslist:

1. Indians in Silicon Valley don't innovate ANYTHING! They are conceited arrogant parasite shysters who have turned good businesses to shit when attempt to manage them. Businesses like Sun Microsystems, AMD, and dozens of others are nothing now because of Indian mis-management. Many of you people are being sold out so fast its enough to make ones head spin. Your future now is next to nil and all you sheeple can do now is bitch about the lamest talking points of the day. Anywhere else people would be in revolt and fighting for their livelihoods yet a healthy majority of Californians' remain in ignorant bliss like pigs in zen. You should consider changing your state motto to 'taking it where the sun doesn't shine' and deserve the 2nd class citizen future you get for being the apathetic consumer whores many of you have become. What a bunch of dumb ass passive-aggressive pussies the bay area has become.

2. Downsizing and outsourcing

I have been reading and hearing the stories about outsourcing and downsizing. Here is my story. I want to keep myself anonymous, as my story did not go out of our four walls.

I migrated to US about 22 years ago from India. In
India I tried for 6 years to find a job after finishing my Masters degree. Because of rampant corruption, nepotism, political infuences (which I was lacking, and aginst my concious) I could not find a job. Then God listened to my prayers and I got an opportunity to come to this Land of Opportunity. After I came here, I was facinated by computers and technology, which I had never even seen a key board in India, and pursued my career. I worked $3 an hour to finance my ambitions.

I finished my BS, and MS Computer Science and positoned in a good job. I was even pursuing my Ph.D in Computer science. But all of a sudden these Indian labor started flooding here. They do not have a formal degree in computers, all they have is a one month programming training in some garage. Some of them not even have college degree and started making more money ( $80 - $100 an hour). I was frustrated with the situation and questioned myself that why I am wasting time in doing Ph.D, and making much lower salary than those high school graduates, and I dropped out.

In the mean time Indian colleges realized the computer boom and introduced a new program called 'Master in Computer Applications (MCA)' which is a one year diploma after high school. Indians started taking this course, and convinced US corporations that they have Masters degree in computer science. US corporations thought they are getting an MCA (Masters) for cheaper rate than what they are paying to BS computer science programmer, and started replacing them. At workplace where I used to work 9 out of 12 team members are H1-B Indians. They literally shine my
manager's shoes. Because the company has to sponsor
their green cards. They lie about qualificatins and
experience. One guy said he has been in Computer field
since 1983 in India. In India there were no PCs until 1987. The term 'computer program' was never heard there until 1988. Another "software engineer's" resume says he has been working as a software engineer since 1995 in Bank One. But his passport shows his date of entry to US as 1998. I have scores of such examples about these so called H1-B software engineers and their qualifications. "An Honest H1-B Indian" is good oxymoran in English language.

3. My wife and I have two masters degrees each in computer science, and engineering. Our combined salary was $230K till October 2003. One fine morning, the bomb (downsize) exploded- we both got laid off on the same day (we were working for different corporations). Today, our income is 'ZERO'. We could not even find minimum wage jobs. We are victims of outsourcing. No third soul knows about situation. Because it spreads fastly to back home and to old age parents.

I was interviewed couple of times by TCS, and Wipro, and they almost offered me the job. But the minute I told them that I am US Citizen, they said their project was on hold. So far I have not heard even single H1-B guy who is unemployed. Downsizing is effecting only US citizens. In my case, I was replaced by a H1-B. These Indian outsourcing companies are bribing the IT managers and successfully get their job done. The prime element that drove me out of India (corruption), is agin drove me out of my job.

I am ashamed of myself to call I am an Indian

I have now been "unemployed" for 12 months after having been replaced by H1B and L-1 workers at the company I was working.

4. After working for 18 years as a Senior Analyst/Test Lead Programmer, I was called into my managers office at an Insurance Company in Hartford, and introduced to 5 Indian programmers from COGNIZANT SYSTEMS, INDIA. I was told that I was to teach these people everything I knew about the system I was working on. This same situation was presented to 2 other U.S citizens who started working at the company the same time as me. They too had to "hand over" their systems.

After three months, these Indian programmers were able to run the system without my assistance,...and my job was TERMINATED. These Indian programmers were on L-1 visas and their team leader on a H1B. When I asked management why the jobs of the THREE non-Indian workers (me and two associates), were being terminated, whilst the Indians were being kept on,...I was told to "WATCH IT". (i.e my question supposedly had "racial" overtones). All these Cognizant programmers are still working at the company, and driving brand new Toyota Camry's,..while I sit at home battling to find work and worrying about how to pay the rent.

This state of affairs has continued in full force at United Health Care, where Perm-Staff, Green Card Holders, Naturalized and born U.S Citizens have been replaced by Indians. Even Chinese and Russians workers were given the boot and replaced by Indians. It seems that the only requirement for keeping your job,....IS TO BE INDIAN.
I have written to my State Representatives and Joined TORAW in the vain hope that something be done about this situation.

I think it is NOT just the HIB visa that is killing local employment. It (jobs discrimination against locals) is everywhere.

5.  First of all about me. I am 34, have a 4 yr professional engineering degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and am working in IT since 1995. I started my IT life from repairing PCs (yes I did soldering), then moved to networking in Netware 3.x, then Windows NT/2000, Novell Netware 5.x, 6.0. and Linux/ FreeBSD. I do perl scripting in my spare time as a hobby.I do firewall administration, router configuration, intrusion detection, server migration etc etc. With years of experience, and hands on, you can categorise me as a veteran expert.

For the past 2 years, I am trying to get a new job as I am unhappy with my present job and pay. Expect the result! For the 1000 or so applications I sent out, I did NOT get a single offer for an interview even. Shocked! Later my friends told me that, I need certifications. So I completed my MSCE2000, CNE5, CCNA, MCDBA. (side note: all were easy to me, as I know the stuff. Remmeber I am working for 8 years in IT, and I study one to two hour per day after work. (I like to learn!) I can get more [A-Z][A-Z]...[A-Z] if the new company wants it, in a short notice.

Mm, even now the situation is same. Now if i get a rare reply to my job applications, it is like "you are over-qualified for this job' although I am ready to take that job for THAY pay they give an Indian!.

But, companies are hiring Indians and Indians only. They are young (most in their mid 20s), and are being hired by MNC for good posts like senior consultant etc. If you speak nice to them you will learn that his/her degree is in biology or any and then he did some 6 months course at some 'institute'. I would like to say that in India, you can get an engineering degree at some 'college' no matter your performance in high school provided that you have money. (Exceptions shall be a few like IIT). There is no strict (or even slack) admission criteria for institutions providing degrees in India.

How do they get jobs?

(1) There is a prejudice against non Indians. PHBs think that you have to be an Indian to work in IT.

(2) There are some illegal kickbacks in hiring. Once one Indian friend promised to find me job, provided that I pay the first 4 months salary to the agency. He says, a 'part' will goto the hiring manager of the company.

(3) Once an Indian becomes to a hiring position, he will not hire anyone BUT indians. (This is patriotism as per Indians)

(4) Indians never say 'I do not know'. You ask whether he can do 'ANY JOB', he will boast 'he has been doing it for years' although he may not know what he is talking about. Remeber, even I, after years of experience and learning, say that " I did not do it previously, but I can refer to this and do it. " . Idiot Managers do NOT like answers like this.

TELL ME WHERE SHALL I BANG MY HEAD. For the time being I use my table. Bang, bang!

Sam Prasad.

(I am not Indian, but of Indian root !!!!)

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF MORE PERSONAL STORIES

I am sure this Desi will be hunted down by NASSCOM and killed.

UPDATE:

All the shrewed slumdogs have been asuming that this is a testimony from one H-1B.  It is actually several,  that is why the timelines aren't linear.  As usual, the illiteracy of slumdogs is evident in all the comments that point out to this discrepency.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.  Most of these people have been assasinated by NASSCOM or deported.

Canada ezy
October 9. 2009 11:01
ezy

Well another frustrated US techie and from the ethnic group that has been most vilified here. But then the system is rotten as US corporate greed has taken over and Indians seem to have exploited it to the most more than anyone else to the detriment of the US techie and contributing to fattening bottom lines. Look at IBM's stock which has the max. head count in India. No other industry in the US will see such social disruption and is expected to increase in the coming years as outsourcing gains traction.

Can outsourcing and visas (H,L,J etc and it's loopholes) be eliminated - not very likely given the status quo that exists between Big business and Capitol Hill.

Kuwait Anonymous
October 9. 2009 11:27
Anonymous

Sam  Prasad has written the truth & nothing but the truth. India has long been outrageously corrupt. If you have the right connections, without even going to any college you can buy any certificate.

Ever since the word computer was heard in India , things have become so comical! A rats & bandicoots infested rice wholesaler in Southern India has a signboard screaming:

" Rice cleaned with computers  help sold here ".

On my visit to Kanyakumari , vendors were calling out:

" Computer bangles , computer sarees , computer toys sold here ".

Arrogant corrupt Indians would explode if told not only does the emperor have no clothes but that the ungainly bulges are uncouth also .

United States Hoe six pack
October 9. 2009 13:16
Hoe six pack

"In the mean time Indian colleges realized the computer boom and introduced a new program called 'Master in Computer Applications (MCA)' which is a one year diploma after high school."

Nice fake story, implanted by the sterile insurgents, that one line should be corrected, it might make it look way more authentic.

You guys are getting pretty desperate uh Wink thats always a good sign Smile)

BTW what happened to grasslaid? did he smoke your butt out?? LOL

Pity you noobs, keep wasting time on here  while we kick you lazy fat slobs out, the way you deserve to be.

United States Bobo
October 9. 2009 14:44
Bobo

@Hoe six pack:

That's right - you'll continue to kick Americans who created all these companies out and we'll continue to see once-great companies like Sun go down the tubes losing $150 million a MONTH because they were taken over and run by slumdogs who don't know how a light switch works.

Trust me, people all over America, including corporate execs are starting to ask questions about India, Inc. and it's only a matter of time before no one will want you. The vast majority of Americans outside CA and NYC would never hire you since everyone sees how desis "help keep America competitive".

The cat is out of the bag and now you're on the run. Enjoy your flights home since your days in the U.S. are clearly numbered.

United States Kumar Nation
October 9. 2009 21:07
Kumar Nation

@Hoe slumdog, even without S887 bill, You will be deported if USCIS enforces the law.  Check out the 2nd post on this blog, which shows your body shop boss is scared.

United States anon
October 9. 2009 21:10
anon

@Hoe six pack:

Its comments like these that make it extremely difficult for race to remain excluded in the H1B / IT debate by even the most reasonable minds.

October 9. 2009 21:14
Shiva The Destroyer

Slumdogs who're attempting to displace native Britons from their jobs are starting to feel the heat due to the current economic climate:

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../3758499.cms

When are the slumdog fraudsters in America going to face the music?

United States Whocares
October 10. 2009 09:43
Whocares

So this guy is 34 and he migrated 22 years ago which means he came to the U.S when he was 12. Before that, he was looking for a job for 6 years after finishing his Master's. That tells me he graduated when he was 6. Man he is a genius. I'd like to hire this guy. Nice Try!!

United States WTF
October 11. 2009 22:06
WTF

Actually, my head is swimming trying to make sense of those numbers. If he's been in the US 22 years having gotten here 6 years after his masters in India, how is he only 34? If he's been laid off since 2003, that's a long time to have gone without a job! Why's he still complaining?

With spellings such as "oxymoran", I wonder if this dude deserves his fate...

India Joe
October 12. 2009 00:05
Joe

MCA (Masters in Computer Applications) can be pursued only after completing a bacholers (3 yr course after Schooling) in physics or mathematics or computer science. So it makes 6 years study after schooling. The consulate verfies the studies thouroughly and the universities which given them as well. The writer is totally ignoran of these facts.

United States screweddesi
October 12. 2009 10:54
screweddesi

Nice Try of forging this story since dates dont match at all. Anyways, none of my business..
Here are the realities face it or leave it and eventuality will take over..
1. Outsourcing going to rise since IT is not any more a "High-tech" its common knowledge now..
2. Blame the big fat money eating "white" managers who take the decision of outsourcing.."Dont kill the messenger".
3. Majority of frauds comes from Indian state called as Andhra Pradesh (AP), which we call them as "Gulti's" who are the major culprits of IT downgrade...other Indians are honest and hardworking. If somebody by the names like "Reddy, Rao,etc"..its 99.9% chance that he/she is fake, his degrees are fake, and his knowledge is fake. If you ask these fuckers where they come from, everybody will say, I am from Hydrabad although there village is 500 kms from hydrabad..and 80% of them have done the 1-month computer course and have came here...I am Indian and I am ashamed of these fuckers...please feel free to kick them out.

United States WTF
October 13. 2009 13:37
WTF

Dude, you're so pathetic! You finally renumber the posts to clarify they are separate stories and you blame guys who point it out, Desis or otherwise. Have the gall to admit your post was a presentation nightmare.

I guess Sam Prasad is a collector of these stories. Funny how no one else ended their story with their names.